LFX is a business network for ambitious professionals working in the health and fitness industry. Its events are attended by people from all over the UK and run in seasons which run from September through to June.
They approached Excelsior with a strategic objective to grow and develop their network by adding educational seminars and training into its portfolio. For this strategy to be executed successfully they required guest speakers to match the values and ethos of their organisation.
Excelsior consulted with LFX to deliver an insightful and thought provoking two day seminar, titled Intelligent Leadership, which focussed on improving Leadership skills with the following aims and outcomes:
- Define the top leadership attributes and qualities
- Determine why these attributes and qualities matter
- Be able to define emotional intelligence and how this relates to communication
- Be able to specify your own values (what matters to you)
- Be able to define the culture you are seeking to instil
- Be able to detail whom your audience is
- Be able to describe your performance/ communication methods
- Be able to determine your material
- Will have created a framework for success
- Be able to define your own outcomes, strategies and tactics
The two day ‘Intelligent Leadership’ workshop was delivered in time for the LFX 2019 kick off, and as a result of the workshop, participants were able to use their learnings to impact those around them, by first understanding their own behaviours and then the behaviours of others.
This two day workshop prepared learners to better demonstrate empathy with their peers, adapting their own leadership and communication styles accordingly.
Excelsior was subsequently booked to repeat the workshop and have provided participants with post event support through the on-demand education system, EXCEL.
Having personally known Keith and Chris for many years, we have always found them incredibly easy to work with. They are both open to feedback and ideas and are always available to bounce suggestions off (including coming up with their own).
I really enjoy working with the Excelsior team and can’t wait to get working on our next joint venture…— LYNNE BRIGGS,